The Roman Forum
- Campitelli, Italy
- Via della Salara Vecchia, 5/6, 00100 Roma, Italy
- In the days of ancient Rome Roman Forum was the central area. First it was the market, after the market has become a popular place of the People, which eventually led to the creation of the Curia - the seat of the Senate. Forum considered the center of the public life of Rome: the local daily contact people gradually evolved into thematic communication. What we today call the forum - it was then formed on the central square of floor tiles Rome.
Roman Forum has evolved constantly, it appears more and more temples, shrines, basilicas and arches. Every famous politician of ancient Rome considered a great honor to leave here something behind. The Roman Forum dictator Sulla raised Curia Cornelia, Julius Caesar built a temple on the site Felicitas. In honor of the victory over Antony and Pompey - August ordered the construction of numerous monuments, among which are, including Arch of Augustus and Columna Rostrata.
- Via dei Fori ImperialiDirect street width of 30 and a length of 850 meters separates the main Roman Forum from the Imperial Forums The street was laid in 1924 32 years floor excavation of ancient imperial forums (Trajan Augustus Nerva) partially forums ruins can be seen...
- Temple of VestaTemple of Vesta in Rome has long been one of the most important and respected facilities in the city The temple was built in honor of the goddess Vesta patroness of the hearth Inside the temple constantly burning fire which embodied the immortality...
- Monument to Julius CaesarMonument to Julius Caesar a bronze copy of the statue in the Capitol set at the Forum of Julius Caesar recently Forum of Julius Caesar himself was the first of the imperial forums built on the proceeds from the spoils of war in the war against goals... Roma
- Arch of Septimius SeverusThis magnificent three span arch was erected in 203 in honor of the glorious victories of the Roman emperor Septymіya North over Parfіyay The basis of the arch is made of simple brick and marble outside it The height and width of the building is... Roma
- Temple of SaturnThe ancient Romans generally very often built all sorts of facilities in honor of the gods who in gratitude to defend the city from the wars and other disasters It is not surprising that after such an important victory city authorities decided to... Roma
- Temple of Venus and RomaTemple of Venus and Roma in the Italian capital is considered the greatest religious construction of the ancient Roman Empire Today its scope and the richness of the interior can only guess but even noble ruins can tell by the Supervisory ...
- Trajan's ForumThe word «forum» means "Market Square" "Bazaar" In ancient Rome there were several areas and all of them were called forums Forum of Trajan historically the last of the Imperial fora of Rome The Forum was built by Emperor Trajan architect ... Pigna
- Church of Santa Maria dei Monti in RomeChurch of Santa Maria dei Monti is located just a few hundred meters from the Colosseum It was erected in 1580 on the initiative of Pope Gregory XIII The building project was developed by architect Giacomo della Porta who took his work as a...
- Senatorial PalaceHistorically this place has always been associated with the political life of the city The palace was built as a public archive has 78 BC Currently senatorial palace on Kapіtalіyskay area of Rome is the seat of the mayor One of the seven... Roma
- Police TowerMilitia Tower the greatest tower of Rome It was built in XII XIII centuries and was originally part of the fortifications of the courthouse Currently its ruins are located on the territory of the Dominican monastery the square Magnanapoli This... Pigna
- Basilica of Santa Maria in AracoeliBasilica of Santa Maria in Aracoeli built on top of the Capitoline Hill in Rome considered to be one of the main attractions of the Eternal City This is also known as the Basilica of St Mary's Church Basilica of Santa Maria in Aracoeli was... Roma
- Church of St. Catherine in the square MagnanapoliChurch of St Catherine in the square Magnanapoli in Rome an architectural monument of Italy It was built in the middle of the XVII century by the architect Giovanni Battista Sora as a place of worship of the Dominican monastery which existed from... Pigna
- Statue of a she-wolf suckled Romulus and RemusStatue Kapіtalіyskay wolf (lat Lupa Capitolina) Etruscan bronze sculpture on stylistic grounds dates from the V century BC and which is stored in Rome since ancient times The first mention of Kapіtalіyskay wolf found in "Natural History" Pliny... Roma
- Lupa CapitolinaKapіtalіyskaya wolf bronze sculpture which is stored in the Roman Capitoline Museum It is surrounded with so many mysterious legends is one of the most famous sculptures of mysterious worldwide The first mention of this sign  and the symbol of... Roma
- Place du CapitoleKapіtalіyskaya Square famous square in Rome which together with the architectural ensemble surrounding it was built by Michelangelo in the XVI century The area is located on the famous seven hills of Rome the Capitol which was the center of the... Roma
- Statue of Marcus AureliusEquestrian statue of Marcus Aurelius was founded in 180's is a bronze Roman statue First gilded statue of Aurelius was installed on the slope of the Capitol in front of the Roman Forum Sculpture is the only statue survived  from antiquity On the... Roma
- Capitoline MuseumsCapitoline Museum is the oldest complex of the city's museums not only in Rome but throughout the rest of the world The founder of this complex is considered to Pope Sixtus IV in the 15th century passed into the collection of the new museum... Roma
- Altar of the FatherlandAltar of the Fatherland was elevated to the anniversary of the unification of Italy in 1911 with a memorial dedicated to Victor Emmanuel II Altar is 135 meters wide and 130 meters long and 81 meters in height In this area until 1885 before had a... Roma
- Monument to Victor Emmanuel IIDesign of the monument in honor of the first king of united Italy Victor Emmanuel II at Piazza Venezia in Rome designed by Giuseppe Sacconi in the Empire style spirit of ancient Roman architecture As a statue known as "Victorian" Construction of the... Roma
- The observation deck of the Altar of the FatherlandThe observation deck of the Altar of the Fatherland it's a great observation deck which is located on the roof of the famous Altar of the Fatherland a huge monument located on the slopes of Capitol Hill at the Piazza Venezia built in honor of King... Roma
- Column of TrajanColumn of Trajan located at the Forum of Trajan in Rome was designed by the architect Apalador Damascus in 113 in honor of the victories of Trajan over dakamі The column height of 38 meters and a diameter of 4 meters is a construction of 20 blocks... Pigna
- Monument Cole di RienzoMonument Cole di Rienzo (Nicola di Lorenzo Gabrini) in Rome one of the best works of the famous Italian sculptor Girolamo Mazіnay The monument designed in conjunction bronze marble and brick set near the monumental staircase on Capitol Hill This... Roma
- Arch of ConstantineThis external enemy was Maxentius during the Civil War troops defeated Constantine Arch built in the year 315 and as decorations involve a large number of bas reliefs and sculptures some of which are borrowed from other memorial  structures It...
- Church of Santa Maria di LoretoChurch of Santa Maria di Loreto is located in the ancient part of Rome at esplanadze Trajan's Forum sponsored by the pious brotherhood of bakers which still has its headquarters in the building next door The church building is the result of ... Pigna