Musee National des Arts Asiatiques - Guimet
- Champs-Elysees, France
- 6 place d'Iena, Paris, France | 16th arrondissement
- +33 01-56-52-53-00
- Asian Art Museum, also known as the Guimet Museum, is one of the most interesting museums accustomed. His collection contains several tens of thousands of exhibits of art from different countries of the East, from ancient times to the XIX-XX centuries. Subjects Guimet Museum exhibits consists of several blocks: the art of China, Korea, art, art of the Himalayas, the art of Afghanistan and Pakistan, the art of Southeast Asia, the art of Central Asia, the Indian and Japanese art.
Creator Emile Guimet Museum was, an industrialist from Lyon. He was fascinated by the idea of creating a museum that would be devoted to ancient religions and cults of Egypt and Asia. The first collection was donated by the founder - these were the items purchased and Emile Guimet collected during his numerous trips to Europe and Asia. The first exhibition was opened in Lyon in 1879, and ten years later, the collection moved to Paris Guimet. Soon the museum gained independence, and its funds are replenished with new exhibits.
Presented at the Museum Guimet, the Chinese collection of over 20,000 items - are ceramic and jade ware of the Neolithic, Bronze household items, jewelry, mirrors, coins and other artifacts of the Shang Dynasty and Zhou. Guimet Museum has an extensive collection of Indian sculptures, some of which dated back to the III millennium BC. e., as well as a collection of Indian paintings and miniatures. Japanese Guimet museum's collection covers the history of Japanese art from the III-II millennium BC. e. before the Meiji era.
- Equestrian statue of George WashingtonEquestrian statue of George Washington in Paris on the square yen dedicated the first American president George Washington The author of the bronze statue is an American sculptor Daniel Chester Inauguration of the monument took place on 3  July...
- Palais de TokyoOn the right side of the River Seine is an institution dedicated to contemporary culture Tokyo Palace (Palais de Tokyo) East Wing occupies Museum of Modern Art of Paris and the west just apply the Palace of Tokyo Location of the building  allows...
- Museum of Fashion and CostumeFashion and Costume Museum of the City of Paris known under another name the Museum Galliera His work museum began in 1977 Fashion Museum is housed in a palace built in the XIX century for the Duchesse de Galliera The architecture of the building is...
- Aquarium SineakvaUnderground Aquarium Sineakva a great place for lovers of exotic sea Here you will find a lot of unknown strange and obscure The underground aquarium Sineakva practically all species of fish that live in France In the central hall of the aquarium... Paris 16 Passy
- Center Mona BismarckMona Bismarck American Center established in 2011 dedicated to the memory of the legendary socialite and philanthropist Mona von Bismarck Famous American Countess went down in history as a true style icon of the twentieth century becoming a source... Invalides
- Museum of Contemporary ArtIn Paris in the east wing of the Tokyo Palace the Museum of Modern Art There are more than 8000 unique exhibits of various art movements of the XX century In 1937 in Paris the international exhibition of technology and art Within its framework the...
- The National Maritime MuseumNational Maritime Museum which is also called the Museum of the fleet not the most popular museum in Paris but there are a lot of interesting things The exhibits here are collected from around the world in 1752 Moreover the museum is located in this...
- The exposition of Yves Saint LaurentExhibition of works by Yves Saint Laurent will open you a rich world of Haute Couture There are often organized various thematic exhibitions and interesting events take place Scenography exhibition will demonstrate to you? as Yves Saint Laurent...
- Footbridge DebeyiIn the center of Paris has an arched pedestrian bridge that has spread across the river Seine It is close to the Eiffel Tower and the promenade connects New York City with the Quai Branly Call it Debeyi in honor of the French General Jean Louis... Invalides
- The National Theatre of ChaillotThe National Theatre of Chaillot is located in the right wing of the Palais de Chaillot at the Trocadero The theater is located in one of the most picturesque places in the French capital with a beautiful view of the famous Eiffel Tower In 1975 the... Paris 16 Passy
- Garden TrocaderoThe first trees were planted in the Trocadero in 1878 shortly before the World Expo which was held in Paris In those days the gardens were considered a symbol of social harmony Today the Trocadero is an amazing in its beauty English style garden... Paris 16 Passy
- Fountain de Varsovia in ParisFountain Wars Where in Paris one of the most beautiful fountains of France created a whole group of professionals in 1937 This fountain is not only one of the most beautiful but he is also one of the largest in Paris He became famous for the huge... Paris 16 Passy
- The observation deck at the Palais de ChaillotIt is impossible to imagine the French capital without the elegant silhouette of the Eiffel Tower To know it's better to start from the observation deck Palais de Chaillot It is located on the opposite bank of the River Seine The observation deck is... Paris 16 Passy
- TrocaderoTrocadero is located in the heart of the French capital In the Middle Ages on the site of the square stands the castle in the 17th century there was a monastery which was subsequently destroyed by order of Napoleon The fact that the emperor of... Paris 16 Passy
- Musée du Quai BranlyQuai Branly Museum was opened not so long ago in 2006 But has already gained popularity among tourists from all over the world And no wonder because its very appearance of a genuine interest from the top it looks like a spaceship which is supported... Invalides
- Palais de ChaillotChez Palace has a very convenient location It is located at the Trocadero opposite the Eiffel Tower on the other side of the Seine Like almost everything in Paris this place is different enchanting charm and is a great observation deck The palace... Paris 16 Passy
- Flame of FreedomThe flame of freedom a monument produced by France in 1987 as a gift from the United States of America as a symbol of friendship between the two countries This step America has done in response to the received from the French giant statue of Liberty...
- Sculpture "Youth" in ParisSculpture "Youth" and in Paris this is one of the most graceful sculptures in France which was created by a talented sculptor Pierre Poisson for the World Expo 1937 It was set in a beautiful garden near the Trocadero Fountain Varsovie Sculpture made... Paris 16 Passy
- Restaurant "Cafe du Trocadero"Cafe du Trocadero is one of the best places in Paris where you can eat while admiring the window of the Eiffel Tower This traditional French bar where among other things you can eat during snack or dinner at the end of the day Cafe du Trocadero... Paris 16 Passy
- Museum of ArchitectureMuseum of Architecture appeared in Paris in 2007 Its total area is more than eight thousand square meters Its visitors other than precious exhibits the museum has to offer and the architectural library which has books and archives Permanent... Paris 16 Passy
- Cabaret «Crazy horse»Cabaret "Wild Horse" and so it is possible to translate its name was founded in 1951 in Paris by Allen Bernardin known womanizer Allen was just captivated and wanted to open striptease institution not like the others The idea was simple B  the...
- American Cathedral of the Holy TrinityCathedral designed by the well known company that built the building of the Legislative Court in London The temple is made in the style of Gothic Revival The decor of the building there are Pre Raphaelite stained glass sharp needles begging which...
- Pont de l'AlmaPont de l'Alma located near the eponymous square arch bridge length of 150 meters one of the most famous attractions of Paris It got its name in honor of the victory of the French army on the Russian troops in the Battle of Alma   during the...
- Passy CemeteryA small but famous Paris Passy Cemetery is located in the 16th arrondissement near the Palais de Chaillot It opened in 1820 on the site of a very old cemeteries and employs about 2 000 graves of many aristocrats and got success in the life of famous... Paris 16 Passy
- Paris 08 Elysee
- Paris 07 Palais-Bourbon
- Paris 17 Batignolles-Monceau
- Paris 16 Passy
- Paris 09 Opera
Weather in Champs-Elysees